When customers need space, they expect immediate and effective solutions from us. We make it our business to continuously assess markets, locations and facilities to satisfy these needs, enable growth and keep our customers ahead of what’s next. Take Hungary - to meet demand in a market with record high, 99.8 percent occupancy, we have started construction of a new, state-of-the-art speculative facility at Prologis Park Budapest-Harbor, totaling 14,000 square meters. Scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2020, this new building will even have it’s own motorway access.
Building 11 has been designed with innovative solutions that support sustainable and efficient operation, demonstrating that it’s not just about what we make, but we make possible:
- The facility has been designed with BIM (Building Information Modeling), an intelligent 3D-model-based process which gives architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) professionals the insight and tools to plan, design, construct and manage buildings and infrastructure more efficiently. Implementing BIM also enhances customer experience and drives energy sufficiency in line with our commitment toward carbon neutral developments.
- Prologis-standard, energy-saving LED lighting and large skylights will cut the building’s electricity consumption by 45 percent in comparison to the latest lighting standards.
- The special-grade wall insulation and roof system, together with high-performance gas-fired heaters will reduce heating costs by as much as 30 percent.
- Smart meters help optimize water, gas and electricity consumption, remotely with just a single click.
- As with all new Prologis facilities, the building will be submitted for BREEAM “Very Good” accreditation.
“Within the city limits, Prologis Park Budapest-Harbor offers more than just a space to our customers - it supports the wellbeing of their employees. Amenities include barbecue relaxation areas, a five-a-side football pitch and green outdoor spaces,” says Martin Polák, Managing Director, Regional Head, CEE, Prologis. “The premium location, together with our leading customer solutions and service make this facility ideal for logistics and production companies looking for quality and connectivity.”
Prologis Park Budapest-Harbor is located on the southern border of Budapest in District 22, only 12 kilometers from the city center. The park has industrial rail access and excellent public transportation: there is a bus stop right next to the entrance and a railway station in the immediate vicinity. Building 11 will be accessible directly via its own exclusive entrance from the road.