Statement of Purpose
Our Approach to ESG
- Ensure the resilience and long-term preservation of value for our business through evaluation of future risks, including those associated with climate change
- Integrate the fundamental principles of ESG to ensure responsible investment and business decisions
- Reduce energy and water use, and waste within our offices, as well as our real estate portfolio
- Invest in our employees and communities and provide a safe, healthy, inclusive and diverse work environment
- Position our portfolio with modern, efficient logistics real estate assets in locations that benefit our communities and meet our customers’ business needs
- Invest in training and growth opportunities for logistics workforce development, health, safety, and productivity
Sustainability Fast Facts for 2019
- 456 cumulative sustainable building certifications totaling 15,7 million square meters in 18 countries
- 33% of total portfolio has efficient LED lighting
- 46% of total operating portfolio has cool/reflective roofing
- $3M million in grants and donations to support local causes and nonprofits
- 88 months of rent-free space to 15 nonprofits
- 212 MW of total solar energy generating capacity
- 12,786 volunteer hours in 2019
Our organizational commitment to ESG is strengthened by its inherent alignment with the strategic blueprint of the company, the business imperatives we call the 3Cs: Customer Centricity; Change Through Innovation and Operational Excellence; and Culture & Talent.
The 2019 ESG Impact Report details the value we create for our stakeholders beyond our real estate assets.
The 2017 Prologis Sustainability Report demonstrates how in a world changing at speed, Prologis is forward looking, nimble and resilient.